4.4.11

Autumn

As usual, I've been dreading the end of daylight saving and the onset of shorter days and early sunsets and the looming winter months. However, now that it's here, I'm suprisingly unbothered. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I'm almost enjoying it. Perhaps it's because I'm not currently working and so not having to face the months of getting home from work in the dark. Perhaps its because I'll be around to still be able to enjoy our evening sunsets from our newly repaired balcony.

Or perhaps its because for the first time in ages, this weekend I got out my huge Le Creuset pot and cooked up a big wintery lamb stew. I've always liked the idea of slow cooking but for some reason I've never really managed to get into it. That's all about to change. I actually have time to do it now. Or perhaps more to the point, to plan it. To browse recipes, visit the markets, buy quality produce, experiment with this and that, and get some good old fashioned peasant food on the table. mm mmm.

Or perhaps it's because this winter, we'll be spending 6 weeks in the French summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment